(OT) In Box handling

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 20:51:46 -0400

At 10:32 PM 05/13/2001 +0200, you wrote:
>The recent virus haunt and an increasing amount of spam got on my
>nerves finally, and I decided to try something that turns out works
>great. I use my email filters to simply direct everything I get into
>the trash barrel. What I want to read and open I move over to the
>inbox, and when I am done I simply empty the trash. All that spam
>and suspect stuff never even gets a mouse pointed at it, let alone
>get opened. Works like a charm... just thought I'd share this.
>Richard Brekne

Why not just set up different mail boxes
and have your filters deliver them to their assigned boxes.

In Box:         personal incoming
Pianotech Box:  p-tech-list
Caut:
E-group:
MMD:
MPT:

Your list may vary

But if you can filter them to the trash, you can filter them to more
manageable categories.
Some do go straight to the trash, I don't have to check the trash;
everything there belongs there.

First and foremost is Anti-Virus Software - running all the time, checking
mail as it comes in and
quarantining as needed. With automatic and frequent updating (task scheduler).

Categorize and comparmentalize, subcategories to some, sound crazy to others.

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net