Fw: Ditch the tuning pin bushings

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 13 May 2001 20:37:29 -0400

To touch, or not to touch, that is the question:
The answer lies in one's outrageous fortune that if
the pins are touching the plate while considering
a restringing, replace the block.

However, IF required to reuse the old block or replacing with a new one,
I'll angle the plate hole
to move the bottom of the hole further from the pin. I use a bit which is
the same size as the hole
so as not to enlarge its diameter but only to keep the pin from touching at
the bottom of the plate hole.
I think there is a tuning liability with the pin touching the plate. If it
were a positive feature, every web hole
would have the pin held in conveyance.

One has to think about the whole hole to have the whole scope of the hole.

In search of the hole truth,

Jon Page,   piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@mediaone.net