TP bushings: was pinblock hole alignment

Mitch Ruth mitch_ruth@hotmail.com
Sun, 13 May 2001 21:57:16 -0400

Wim & Brian

I don't really have an opinion on this one way or the other.  It was just
something I noticed one day.  The "flagpoling" (thanks for the techincal
term) was REALLY bad on this one.  I had a significant pitch change before
the pin would move and I would get it back on the release.  My first time in
the store so the manager wasn't impressed with my explanations, but I dealt
with it. (It's a Baldwin Outlet Store so I guess I won't do much more work
there.)

I'm now very sure that the problem on THAT piano with THOSE pins would have
been helped with bushings.  I'm also sure that Steinway can make 'em without
and do a good job too.  Fun to watch this discussion...

Mitch Ruth
DeMossville, KY

"Hold on to your dreams, unless you dream of porcupines..."