Ditch the tuning pin bushings

Mon, 14 May 2001 07:03:11 -0700

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David Skolnik=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: May 14, 2001 5:18 AM
  Subject: Re: Ditch the tuning pin bushings

  At 11:22 PM 05/13/2001 -0700, you wrote:

    Another thought though; someone mentioned to me the problem of =
restringing
    with oversize pins -- something I'd not really thought about since =
we don't
    do this.

    Del

Del-
Could you make clear what size pin qualifies as "oversized", assuming =
that 2/0 was the original?  Thanks.

David Skolnik

-------

Assuming 2/0 originals, then anything over 2/0 would be oversize. =
Whether this be replacing the random loose pin or restringing the whole =
piano.

Del