Ditch the tuning pin bushings

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Mon, 14 May 2001 07:40:42 -0700

Del & David,

What about a tuning pin that is oversize from just under the coils down
and size 1/0 or 2/0 from there up?  That would give added stiffness to
the pin in the portion that passes through the webbing without
sacrificing the better torque and smaller string coils that you get with
standard size pins.  It also allows reuse of the old pin block (if it is
in good condition) while still retaining the benefits of standard size
pins.  (David Love and David Ilvedson know that I have a special reason
for asking this question.)

Paul Larudee