Was/Sharp organ/Organ tuning

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 14 May 2001 10:40:39 EDT

<<I question the tuning of the organ, It had been done the day before.
Are Organs purposely offset due to the differential in the size of the
pipes may cause different pipes to change with temperature at different
rates?>>

David;
 "Tuning" a pipe organ is not a 'task' it is an adventure!
Trying to tune a piano and organ together is just as useful as trying to push
a rope to move a boulder....i.e. you can work at it quite diligently but it
ain't gonna work!. With the church just make an agreement to tune to a
certain pitch standard, I suggest A440, and let it go. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)