Contracts

Jarred Finnigan jfinnigan@optusnet.com.au
Mon, 14 May 2001 10:58:29 +0800

I like many of you no doubt do regular tunings and service for a number =
of schools, colleges etc..  All of this work is done on a verbal basis, =
i.e.: these are my charges they ring me I do the work.  What I would =
like to do is offer these institutions a more professional approach to =
the care and maintenance of their instruments by means of an annually =
reviewable and renewable contract.  It seems to me to be a sensible =
approach for both myself and the institutions involved however before I =
compose a contract I thought I would ask for those of you who have had =
experience with similar written contracts to offer some advise.  Firstly =
is the concept a sound one or am I better off leaving things the way =
they are?  If you have found written contracts to be beneficial how have =
you gone about setting them out, would you offer the institution =
flexibility starting with say bi-annual through to annual tunings with a =
major regulation and service annually/bi-annually ect.?
Any comments, advise, examples are welcome.  Thanks!

Jarred Finnigan