Fw: Special tuning pins

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Tue, 15 May 2001 07:22:53 -0700

  Hi Paul

    I know this not exactly where your trying to go but I've been using no.
1 pins in all new( buldoc and stwy) blocks for three years and enjoyed the
fit/feel and they seem to be rigid enough which I think was someone's
concern.  I took this hint from the Japanese. All those foreign piano( which
tune so smoothly) mostly have No. 1's which also is important to recall when
restringing them.i.e. use 2's and not three's unless of course bigger is
better

    Best
    Dale Erwin