breaky Yamaha strings

Bdshull@AOL.COM Bdshull@AOL.COM
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:13:41 EDT

Ben:

Welcome to the world of performance piano.  A 10 year old S400 which is
played on regularly by a budding concert pianist is sure to break plenty of
strings.  ANY performance piano with this type of use over several years is
going to.  C&A departments find that this can start to happen at the 5 year
point.

Sometimes a partial treble restringing, with no tuning pin replacement, is
the right decision - from the first hitch pins above the bass crossover, for
convenience.  Usually 99% of the breakage is from C5 and up, and if the piano
is going to be continually used partial restringing will give it the most
useful life.

Bill Shull, RPT

In a message dated 5/17/01 7:08:34 AM Pacific Daylight Time, blt@igc.org