Sohmer Grand

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 20:49:12 -0500

> Give them two options. One, do it "right," which is to remove all the damper,
>
> reglue the loose ones with super glue, or, as you suggested, drill and
> screws, and then look for other loose ones. The other option is to glue the
> loose ones in the piano, using super glue. Be sure to tell them that you
> can't guarantee that other's won't come loose. (Make sure you make note of
> the ones you fixed.) Then let the customer make the decision.

Once again, I seem to have missed a major shift in thinking in the industry.
When did super glue become the de facto standard wood glue for "doing it
right"? What happened to "it may not be the best approach, but it's quick", and
why would you need "quick" here?

Still mired in the hopeless but adhesively secure past with hot hide glue,
Titebond, and PVA (with epoxy and plastic resin as indicated).

Ron N