Tuning pin size?

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Thu, 17 May 2001 23:58:56 -0500

>Ron,
>My point exactly. I guess the next question is: Why in this "modern" age
>that we live in, can't that industry settle on a standardization for shape
>and dimension of the top of tuning pins?

Joe,
There it is - the real question, and a good one. The only thing I can offer
as an answer is that we apparently don't all live in the same "modern" age.
If we did, we would all be reasonable and sensible by each other's
standards. We'd be willing to abandon our outdated misconceptions about a
lot of things and intelligently reevaluate our beliefs and opinions as
better information comes along. Standardization implies not only
consciousness, but cooperation, and a plan of sorts, and while we all know
the world would be a better place if everyone just saw things the way we
do, they seem strangely reluctant to do so. With something as easy and
mindless as tuning pin tip sizes, you'd think it would be pretty
straightforward.

There are, incidentally, a number of other things on this list besides
tuning pin dimensions.

Ron N