agraffe bridges & Sohmers

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Fri, 18 May 2001 09:03:40 -0400

Dear List,
Do any of you have information on Sohmer grands with agraffe bridges?
I have a couple customers with them, any was wondering if the
historians (Jack Wyatt? New Yorkers?) have anything interesting they
could pass on.
Regretfully, I didn't have a tape measure handy, but they were
probably around 5' 10" in length, and date from 1916, and 1927,
respectively. The agraffes (rather than bridge pins) are on the long
bridge, from B2 to F#6, where they switch to regular bridge pins.
Pretty pianos, but probably not the best candidates for rebuilds
(which these both had recently been), unless there were a budget that
covered new soundboard, bridges, and rescaling (which these didn't).

Patrick