Sangler & Sohne Serial Seizing Centers

Allan L. Gilreath, RPT agilreath@mindspring.com
Sat, 19 May 2001 12:45:20 -0400

Director: Laura Olsen, RPT
Assistant Directors: Allan Gilreath, RPT - Gary Neie, RPT - Dale Probst, RPT

  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf Of
Dave Bunch
  Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 12:06 PM
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Subject: Sangler & Sohne Serial Seizing Centers

  I service a three year old Sangler & Sohne in a nursing home. Among its
many problems is that as time passes, the centers start seizing up a few at
a time. I mean they will be fine when I am there tuning an a month later
five whippen centers will be so tight you can barely move the flange by
hand! Protek won't touch it. I have to repin them, check the rest of them.
Everything is fine then I get a call a couple months later and there are
several new ones. Is glue leaching through the bushings? Is there any
solution besides repining the whole action? They would hit the ceiling with
that suggestion. Anyone else seen this?

  Dave Bunch