VIRUS - Lynn Rosenburg Attachment!

joe2332 joegum@webtv.net
Mon, 21 May 2001 00:06:37 -0400 (EDT)

  I've also gotten two emails from Lynn Rosenburg.  Since I was quoted
in both, I tried to open the attachments.  I'm a WebTV'er, so I'm immune
to everything out there. WebTV refused to open them.  The display read :
"This item contains a type of information WebTV cannot use."  No mention
of viruses.                                   A friend of mine (with a
REAL computer) bravely offered to open them so I could see how the
attachments related to my past posts.  I forwarded them.  Fortunately,
he had Norton AntiVirus installed.  Norton was able to contain the
whatever-it-is, but not purge it. I've given him the info about Lynn, so
he's being a good sport about it all.  And yes, if it's going to cost
anything to purge the whatever-it-is,  I'll pick up the tab.  When he
saw the first attachment was booby-trapped, he deleted the second
one....   Thank goodness!            -Joe