A press image of Overs grand action

Overs Pianos sec@overspianos.com.au
Wed, 23 May 2001 00:12:20 +1000

Jon,

>Please let me know when and where to purchase
>your action components for installation in grands;
>and in particular, your retrofit action for a Steinway.
>
>Waiting with anxious anticipation,

Sorry for the delay in replying to you. By the way, thanks for
sending me the email with the jpeg images showing your reinforcement
for Steinway rails - looks good. We have changed split rails for
solid brass items threaded for machine screws, which works well too
but its a fair bit of work.

Regarding our actions, we have just taken delivery of the next two
actions from Tokiwa today. One of these will be assembled for the
Reno piano. But first, I've got to redo six specifications which they
got wrong. We've got a little way to go before we can get Tokiwa
thoroughly educated on the importance of accuracy. I gave them a bit
of stick over the last effort, since I sent them an accurate CAD
drawing of all the parts exactly to scale on transparent film
(therefore they had no excuses). They were pretty apologetic, and
they promised to make the next actions accurately. So as you can
imagine, its still too early to be selling actions just yet.

At present, they don't assemble our action. I just get bare machined
wooden pieces (but at least they are bushed) waiting to get the
leather and felt prior to assembly.

Tokiwa are coming to Reno this year to gauge the technicians reaction
to our action. They are quite interested in becoming the official
manufacturer of our action for the world market. We will see.

I'll let you know what happens when something transpires.

Best regards,

Ron Overs

--

Website:  http://www.overspianos.com.au