Damper Guiderail easing

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Tue, 22 May 2001 08:10:42 -0500

List,
I think I've been unsubscribed by accident since the 10th, so, sorry if this
is duplicate from earlier.

I usually ease guiderail holes with a traditional easing tool.  When severe,
as it often is here in Louisiana, I take the dampers out and iron them with
a bridge pin (in brass rod) chucked into a key easing iron with thermostat.
This works great.  My question is:  Has anyone tried to chuck a guiderail
easing tool (just the metal business end) into an iron in order to ease/iron
without removing the dampers?  Thanks,

Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG