Water damage

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Tue, 22 May 2001 15:17:52 +0200

Its a good possibility that the piano is a total loss. Certainly the action is
is big trouble. The soundboard may manage to survive but it is doubtfull that it
will not be negatively affected in a big way. Did the water get into the
pinblock ?... What about seepage around the rim ?

The wet action parts you mention.... leather and felts and hammers are not going
to be saveable.

You wont know the full extent of the damage for at least a month or so... look
for rust creep as well after a time.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.