Kawai pin block to plate flange

Paul tunenbww@clear.lakes.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:18:30 -0500

Don Mannino and list

A local Kawai dealer asked me to check the fit of the tuning pin block =
to the plate flange on the Kawai grands on his floor. 3 were checked, =
two new and one KG 2 about 10 yrs old. All had an "air gap" of about =
.010-.020" almost to entire length of the block. There were Bostons in =
stock also but I didn't look at them. A local technician brought this to =
his attention and we're now wondering if this a concern. The Kawai Grand =
has been sold in the Midwest area for 20+ years, and to date I am not =
aware of any instability problems related to the above. The dealer has =
had no warranty claims for it, either.  Has anyone seen this and had =
trouble because of it? Is this typically the way Kawais are built and is =
their design such that they consider the to be inconsequential?

Paul Chick=20