New hammers for Hamilton school piano

Lance Lafargue lancelafargue@bellsouth.net
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:28:26 -0500

I've used Wally's Encores (made by Abel) and it transforms the piano.  Very
nice, round, clear sound.  Very easy to voice.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
Mandeville, LA
New Orleans Chapter, PTG
lancelafargue@bellsouth.net

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of ILEENKM@AOL.COM
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 6:26 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: New hammers for Hamilton school piano

Hi  All!  I will be replacing the  hammers and reconditioning  the  action
of a Hamilton  studio  piano at a local school-  I usually  use  Isaac
hammers  on most pianos but  for this one I want to go a bit less
expensive-
any  suggestions for hammers which  be  be good for  this piano which is
often used for accompanying  choirs? I would also like to choose some which
might help mitigate the  awful brightness of the  basic  Hamilton tone?
Thanks, Ileen Kaplan