New hammers for Hamilton school piano

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 20:02:22 -0500

>Ron,
>What's wrong with real Buckskin? It has proven to be far superior to
>anything else including the synthetics, (whatever the sales idiots choose to
>call it), since time immemorial. My choice every time.
>Regards
>Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

I've wondered that myself from time to time through the years when I was
trying to make those new supply house parts work - what the heck's wrong
with this buckskin? I've received plenty of parts I'd have been delighted
to exchange for Ecsaine covered if the option had been available. How
dependable have your sources of buckskin been through the years, and how
stable was the quality? As a manufacturer, I'd think dependable uniformity
of the supply would be real important given similar performance results
between materials.

I was just wondering if you had a practical reason for not liking synthetics.

Ron N