Hammer Staples

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 24 May 2001 08:48:14 +0200

Hi folks....

Not wanting to cause a stir... (I wouldnt want to do that now would
I ???  grin....) I am wondering if there is any concrete or even
reasonbly set... mushy is not quite good enough..., evidence that
removing the staples in hammers can be responsible for hammer felt
to pull away from the core ?

Has anyone actually seen this happen ?? Were there extenuating
circumstances ??. I have a 60 year old set of New York Steinway
hammers still glued to their shanks in a box.. wires (they didnt use
staples then I guess) removed and they are still solid as a rock...
the "staples" have been out for at least 20 years..

anybody ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.