Lindner Piano

BH bholden@wave.co.nz
Thu, 24 May 2001 20:05:27 +1200

  Richard

  Thanks for your candid reply.  One of the music stores that I do =
tunings for, sold this piano (unwittingly or otherwise - don't ask) and =
wanted me to service it.  I told them that I wasn't at all keen to even =
look at it and that it was a junk brand of piano.  Your note plus others =
will help let me off the hook just nicely.  Thanks!

  Brian =20

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Brekne=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2001 6:36 PM
  Subject: Re: Lindner Piano

  Do yourself a realllly big favour... refuse the job. You start dinking =
around with that plastic action and things will start breaking and =
spitting out at you... and then you are in a heap of sh...=20
  This is the type of piano that should have be gathered in by the World =
Crappy Products Prevention League, and stopped in the budding.=20

  BH wrote:=20

    List I have been asked to service a Lindner piano (yes, I know the =
discontinued brand well!) which has uneven key levels and spacings.  The =
nylon key clips fit very loosely in the aluminum rail, which in my =
experience is unusual for this brand of piano.  I have two questions:  =
Firstly, is there any way of adjusting the heights of the keys (I =
suspect there isn't) and secondly, where can I get replacement nylon key =
clips? Brian Holden, New Zealand bholden@wave.co.nz
  --=20
  Richard Brekne=20
  RPT, N.P.T.F.=20