Hammer Staples

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Fri, 25 May 2001 09:52:56 +0200

JIMRPT@AOL.COM wrote:

> Tom;
>  Yes I knew what you meant. I wanted Richard to be sure though. ;-) You see
> Richard being a newish RPT,

While being a newish RPT... I've been in the buisness for nigh on 30 years now.

> and living away from his home chapter, needs a
> tad of guidance now and then....

Dont we all ???

> so since I am much closer than his home
> chapter I try to be 'helpful' to him.

That you have been...grin... as I hope we all are to each other in some ways

> ..............besides if we don't get
> him straight on the subject right away he will be talking about everything in
> one sense while we are talking about it in another context.............Hands
> across the sea and all that! :-)

In that case... I would definatly like it sset straight... I have heard these
varying opinions for years now... what I asked was if there was any concrete
studies done that anyone knows about  that documents the effect of removing
staples.

So far the only "truths" I know of is that this is a way of reducing weight if
you need to... and that it makes it easier to reshape hammers using the shoe
shine technique.

As to how it affects the holding power.... is there really only speculation out
there ??

> Jim Bryant (FL)

:)... Florida comes shining through as usual.. gotta love them guys...

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.