Concert nightmares/no time

Michael Jorgensen Michael.Jorgensen@cmich.edu
Fri, 25 May 2001 07:58:26 +0000

David,
      Totally unfair!  You should write a brief letter explaining your
experience, how you were treated, how badly it makes you feel.   Explain
requirements for quality tuning, (time, piano condition, etc.), and what to
do to avoid future problems. Tactfully remind them how proper planning,
appropriate investment in instruments and people, proper scheduling, affect
individuals' moods, the quality or the work, the music, and ultimately the
success or failure of the festival.  Written carefully, this bad thing can
become a good thing for your reputation, income, our profession, and the
organization.  Copy it to all concerned persons including, management,
directors, board, tuner, artist, and employee.  It's quite likely the
artist had other negative experiences that day which all came out on you.

--Mike Jorgensen