Fw: Thickness Planer

Brian Trout trouts_place@hotmail.com
Fri, 25 May 2001 07:11:05 -0400

Just a thought...

Delta has a 12" planer, the older variety which you can still find.  I think
this might be the one Terry saw for $199 someplace.  I could swear I saw
them for even less than that somewhere not all that long ago.  It doesn't
have the locking cutterhead but I've gotten a lot of good use out of it.

Delta has a newer 12 1/2" model planer that they've made some significant
improvements to including the locking cutterhead.  It also has a new "style"
to the body of it so there's not really much chance of mistaking it for the
old one if you've seen them both.  I'm not sure what they're running price
wise, but I'd guess you might find them in the $275 range somewhere.

Just had to throw out that little tidbit.  I didn't know if some might be
comparing 'apples and oranges'.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Slidell, LA