Your(butt flange) choice, please

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 May 2001 07:18:31 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/01 4:31:43 AM Central Daylight Time,=20
jajones2@FACSTAFF.WISC.EDU writes:

> Willem,
> I=E2=80=99ve heard this comment many times, however I have yet to experien=
ce this. =20
>  About 1/2 of UW inventory is Yamaha  and I don=E2=80=99t find the but pla=
te to be=20
> a problem.  We do regularly tighten screws and check regulation  -  Yamaha=
=20
> service bond. This happens approximately every 2 years.  No doubt this doe=
s=20
> not happen in many  venues. =20
>     I grant there is stress on the butt plate.  Is there more stress in th=
e=20
> plate than in the plateless flanges?   My hunch is that most techs feel th=
e=20
> design is the problem.  I have to wonder if service isn=E2=80=99t the prob=
lem.  How=20
> much vertical regulation is offered in =E2=80=98normal=E2=80=99 service? =20
>     Hear those flanges clicking?    Would you like fries with your=20
> clicks???   =20
> Joel
>=20
>=20

How old are these Yamahas, Joel? The problem I have run across is on Y's tha=
t=20
are more than 10 years old. And the main problem seems to be that the screw=20
hole wears out, and it can't be tighten any more. So now what do you do?

Willem=20