Fw: Off topic? I don't know.... IT'S a Rockwell

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Sat, 26 May 2001 11:25:48 -0700

  Roy

   I have an found an original cover off the sat. eve. post. at an antique
show. ($30.00) Its  a Rockwell drawing.  The man in the picture is not the
actual tuner but a neighbor whom Rockwell said looked more like a piano
tuner and so used him as a stand in. The man was coached by the real tuner
as to how to pose and play intervals.  It's a great treasure and I have it
framed ,original mailing label and all.  I must think that reprints should
be available for any of his works.  Try The net or E-bay for starters.

        Best
Dale Erwin

----- Original Message -----
From: "Newton Hunt" <nhunt@optonline.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 7:26 PM
Subject: Re: Off topic? I don't know....

> > Roy Ulrich wrote:
> >
> > I have recently been given a post card sent to an aquaintance from his
eye doctor with a picture of a piano tuner at a grand with a small boy
watching from the left side. Caption is "Keep your vision in tune." Cute.
This looks like a Norman Rockwell print copy (minimized), but I'd be
interested in a full size print. Is it? Anyone know where to find one?
(Without the keep your vision in tune thing obviously....

> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Roy Ulrich up in the trees, lakes, rain, cold, and forest tent
catapillers of NE Minnesota. Also - what's a cubit? I gotta start an ark.

----

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Tuner.JPG
Type: image/jpeg