cheap concert grands?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 26 May 2001 14:40:28 EDT

In a message dated 5/26/01 6:49:55 AM Central Daylight Time,
stephen_airy@yahoo.com writes:

> Could someone recommend some good brands and models of
> 9-foot grand pianos?  I'm trying to price some concert
> grands for under $10,000 (preferably under $7,000).  I
> don't care if they need work on them, so long as they
> can get by with a tuning and regulation in order to
> make all 88 notes sound.

A good concert grand for under $10,000 is an oxymoron. You either want a
cheap concert grand that look decent and will just barely stay in tune, and
needs lots of work to regulate, or you want a good concert grand that cannot
be tuned because the block is shot, nor regulated because the parts are
completely worn out, and looks like hell.

Willem