A first for me

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 31 May 2001 00:35:08 -0500

>...Don't trust those digital calipers. I have one as well -- a nice, expensive
>Mitutoyo Absolute -- and it's a great tool, but it doesn't take the place of
>a nice digital micrometer.
>
>Regards,
>
>Del

I appreciate your input, Del, but I do find it strange you would say that.

I also use a Mitutoyo, and just to verify its continued consistency and
accuracy over the years, I measure on various occasions, and continue to do
so, the new replacement music wire against the old broken pieces of music
wire, as I did on this particular B7 note.

My memory says the readings have always been within +/- .005 tolerance.

Since you are saying string size does not basically diminish, I guess what
you are suggesting is to compare digital caliper readings against digital
micrometer readings on music wire and I will find, on the most part,
discrepancies...yes?

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731