Strike Tone not Yielding same beatspeed

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 31 May 2001 17:22:26 +0200

To be fair Kent.... the "piano tuner theory" you describe below is more an ET
pianotuner theory then it is a tuner theory in general. We still have real
old fashioned ge-hoere tuners over here... rare but they exist. You know the
fellows that dont play two notes at once.. I even met one of these guys
onces. They check there tuned notes by playing different chords... mostly
triads of various (major and minor in their different inversions) At least
this fellow did. He talked about commas and such and had this Comma Wheel
gadget. For this fellow talk of augmented seconds differeing from a minor
third was very real indeed.

just to be fair...

--
Richard Brekne