Strike Tone not Yielding same beatspeed

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 31 May 2001 19:07:40 +0200

Kent Swafford wrote:

> On 5/31/01 10:22 AM, "Richard Brekne" <rbrekne@broadpark.no> wrote:
>
> > To be fair Kent.... the "piano tuner theory" you describe below is more an ET
> > pianotuner theory then it is a tuner theory in general.
>
> Of course. Piano tuning theory as it was taught to me is one of equal
> temperament only, and as such I suppose it is inadequate for discussing
> historical temperaments.

Well.. jimmenies Kent... dont know quite what to say... grin.. so I suppose I wont
say anything... but a question is begging me to ask it... Is it then your
standpoint that "piano tuning theory" is inadequate for a discussion of  historical
temperaments then ?... or did I just misread ?

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.