It gets better

Richard Brekne rbrekne@broadpark.no
Thu, 31 May 2001 18:57:47 +0200

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Baldwin still has formidable assets, albeit somewhat less than it had five
> years ago. But most of the quality control problems that have been so
> publicly featured on Pianotech can probably be resolved at a very low cost.

Perhaps this is true...but Baldwins problems go seriously beyond what fixing
this tidbit can achieve.

> The company could even begin the process of introducing exciting new models
> to replace their most aging designs. As I have said before on this list and
> in the Journal, it wouldn't cost all that much to begin replacing their
> oldest vertical designs with state-of-the-art designs. Nor would it take all
> that long.

Thats the nut right there... creating basically a whole new approach (to
american piano manufacturing) style of design and production, and getting the
whole thing off the ground. Who is going to do this ?? The relevant players er
dealing their cards out of Korea and other such places.  Dont get me wrong... if
I had a couple billion dollars laying around I'd give a few folks like yourself
the chance to get it right... but I dont... and those that do arent like me...
grin... not at all I would think... hehe.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.