A first for me

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Thu, 31 May 2001 15:54:56 -0500

>...The other answer, of course, is that the stringer grabbed the wrong size
>wire. They do still use 12 1/2 wire for some inexplicable reason...
>Del

Del, List,

This possibility, and what Robert Goodale mentioned finding, reminded me
for some reason, of those videos on TV that show people caught in the act
of doing some objectionable things to unsuspecting consumers with the goods
they purchase/consume.

It would never have entered my mind that discrepancies, whether intentional
or not, could be happening with piano manufacturing as well.  Though now
that I think about it, I have heard over coffee at conventions some pretty
incredible last ditch piano repair stories that happen to customers' pianos
while in the technician's care.

For all practical purposes I guess no area of life, including my own, is
immune these type of unfortunate activities.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild