Wire Shearing Pliers.

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 22:07:45 -0400

List,

I'd like to speed the removal of old wire in a restringing. I looked
at a pair of steel strap cutters last week for $75 (H.K.Porter,
#990T). These cut the strapping which tie up very heavy cartons. I'm
hoping that these will be able to grab 3 or 4 or more wires and clip
in one squeeze. (At this point, I still do have string hands.)

Solid cast steel, with 5" long handles (8" would be better), jaws are
quick thick (but well ground) and set in the pattern of sheet metal
shears (not in the same plane like scissors, but square to each
other). I've got a rough tracing and will see how that traced shape
would fit into the corners that wire has to be clipped in.

Or do you ninja rebuilders just through a 6" masonry wheel into the
3/8" hand drill?

Muchos Thanquos.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Yeah!, let's do it. I'm pumped! Let the healing begin."
     ...........Matt Damon in the psychiatrist's office, in "Good Will Hunting"