rim laminations

Thu, 4 Oct 2001 19:43:20 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Delacour" <JD@Pianomaker.co.uk>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: October 04, 2001 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: rim laminations

> At 08:23 04/10/01 -0700, Delwin D Fandrich wrote:
>

> >Are you using the birch material Delignit (?)
>
> Delignit is bEEch, rock maple's European substitute.

I know their pinblock stock is beech but I was given some material they
supplied for grand rims ten years or so back that I thought was birch. Ten
years is a long time for my memory and I could be mistaken.

> I don't know what you others use for glue but I'm using a well tried urea
> formaldehyde glue (Aerolite) which involves coating one face with the
paste
> and the other with acid (formic? very pungent anyway) which acts as a
> catalyst.

Urea's are quite good, but there are other types (besides Aerolite) that can
be pre-mixed and simply spread.

Del