Weird Frontweights

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 18:23:35 -0400

At 8:18 PM +0200 10/7/01, Richard Brekne wrote:
>Hi list... got done with that Seiler grand here a few days ago and
>started going through all the origional numbers I taken down and the
>more I looked at them the more I started scratching my head.....
>wondering what the fellow who put this action together coulda been
>thinking about.

First question. Is there any sign that at least some of the courses
of lead were laid out by pattern? Erratic FWs and pattern leading
might seem incompatible, but some of the middle courses could display
a pattern. Sometimes the course closet to the fulcrum is left up to
the worker doing the balancing, but most often it'll be the outside
course. I seem to remember that for some interval during the last
fifteen years, Baldwin was sending its smaller grands out with 100%
of their leading set by pattern.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"A man who tells the truth is bound to be found out sooner or later."
     ...........Uncle Harry in "The Tailor of Panama"