Fwd: 1914 Blasius and Sons 6'3" grand piano

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 9 Oct 2001 19:07:39 EDT

--part1_11c.5a60277.28f4dd3b_alt_boundary
Anyone in Washington care to contact this person for an evaluation of this
instrument. Any one there know Mr. Van Winkle?

Wim

In a message dated 10/9/01 3:20:13 PM Central Daylight Time,
mctipps@bentonrea.com writes:

> Mr Blees,
>
> My husband and I are looking at a 1914 Blasius and Sons 6'3" grand piano.
> It is being offered by a local (we live in Washington state) technician, he
> is asking $9500.00 for the piano.
>
> This piano was totally rebuilt in the 60's, restrung, new pin plank, block
> and pins, and hammers.  After it was rebuilt it was hardly used.  The
> sound board and blocks are in excellent condition.  Mr. VanWinkle, the
> technician, has put in new felts and did a total regulation.  He also went
> through and did some fine details that he considered necessary to make the
> piano the way he wanted it like adjusting the  pedals.  When asked when and
> what the next repairs he would expect would be he replied that in about 20
> years we would be looking at facing the hammers.
>
> My husband and I are novice at purchasing a piano and would love to have
> your opinion on the value of this piano.  I realize that without actually
> seeing the piano it may be a difficult task, but we would like a ballpark
> figure if possible.  We like the piano, but not if he is asking more than
> what it is worth.
>
> Thank you.
> K'Lynn Tipps
> mctipps@bentonrea.com

--part1_11c.5a60277.28f4dd3b_alt_boundary
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--part1_11c.5a60277.28f4dd3b_alt_boundary--

An embedded message was scrubbed...