Piano Fiasco

Robert Wilson pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 03:00:37 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Terry,

In England this is a rather grey area.  The price of a
used piano would reflect how much the dealer paid for
it plus the work carried out and the free delivery to
customer.  Therefore it follows that you would not
necessarily be able to sell the piano the following
week for the same amount as the price paid is not a
'market' value as such.

Older pianos are worth what someone will pay for them
rather than a specific value that we can attribute.
I'm constantly surprised what people will pay for a
heap of junk! - and when you turn up to tune it you
have to grit your teeth and smile sweetly!

Bet wishes

Bob