Piano Fiasco

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 07:00:38 -0400

Randy,

Not necessarily, but she may have wanted reassurance that she got a good
deal.  What a shock!

Several months ago clients of mine bought a 13-year-old Kawai console,
in as nearly perfect condition as a used piano can be, for a little over
$2,000.  After making the deal they stopped at another piano dealer on
the way home to assure themselves they made a good deal.  They were
dismayed to learn they could have bought a brand new console (I don't
know which make) for $1,700.

They called me immediately, and I encouraged them to stick with the
original deal.  They did, and they are delighted with their choice.  In
my mind, the chance that they could have bought anything worth having
for $1,700 was very slim.  "Good used" is much better than "bad new."

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT
Lititz, PA, USA