Piano Fiasco

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:12:12 EDT

In a message dated 12/10/01 11:19:21 AM, Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< I don't think we should put all the blame on
the dealer for selling the piano for $19,000. I think the customer should be
faulted for not doing her homework, and paying too much.  >>

Wim;
 There is not needfully any "fault" to the dealer for 'selling' this danged
thingee at 19,000....but there is no disputing that the figure used to
compute the "50% off new price" was a flat out lie...period. At the very
least this dealer lied to make the sale.
 Now the customer agreed to pay the asking price, which I think we all agree
was probably way too high, and in so doing they accepted the deal as
offered........that the customer did so with faulty information is not in
dispute but she did so and you are correct in saying "I think the customer
should be
faulted for not doing her homework, and paying too much."

 At the very least the dealer 'is' at "fault" and guilty of:
1. Unethical conduct in marketing practices. (i.e. lying)
2. False Advertising.

The customer is at "fault" and guilty of:
1. Ignorance.
2. Snapping up a deal that 'was' too good to be true.
Jim Bryant (FL)