Keytop routing techniques

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 10:57:57 -0700

Tom,

I let them set up overnight although it probably cures faster than that.
Clamping is not necessary. PVC-E is definitely the way to go.

When you trim with a laminate trimmer, you need to set the bit just high
enough so that the bearing rides on the wood nearest the keytop and
misses the key lead holes.

For the inevitability that one or two keytops will become damaged in the
trimming process, I recommend having a spare set on hand for individual replacement.

Tom Cole