: Keytop routing techniques

Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM Ritchiepiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 14 Oct 2001 17:03:11 EDT

<<
 Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 13:04:18 -0400
 From: "Tom Servinsky" <tompiano@gate.net>
 Subject: Re: Keytop routing techniques

 Tom
We use a 1" belt sander with the table tilted toward
the belt, keeps you away from the key itself. A steady
hand and a little practice you can do quite well. The
final stage ( still must be hand filing with a safety edge
mill file. 80 grit belt, and definitely PVC-E glue. We use
the Olsand machines as well.
Mark

 <<Jon,
 What size of sanding disk are you using? 4,5, or 6" disc.?  I =
 experimented  with my 6" disk sander and there to many obstacles do deal =
 with when keys have sharp bends ( high and low extremes of the =
 keyboard). =20
 How about grit grade? Any preferences?
 Tom Servinsky,RPT >>