pin tightner

larudee@pacbell.net larudee@pacbell.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:20:53 -0700

Les,

Having become a convert, I like C-A glue for quick fixes, hopeless cases and
where more expensive remedies are not worth it.  In my area, where humidity
is typically between 40% and 70%, I've never seen the low viscosity red stuff
go all the way through the block, and by the time I finish a set of pins
(usually with two applications one right after the other), the piano is ready
to tune, even if it isn't fully cured.  I remove the action and lay a sheet
of aluminum foil anyway.  The only applicator I use is the very fine
applicator tip that I get from my local (very good) hardware store, which is
also available from Dryburgh.  I also use a full face low profile respirator
with organic filters.  Low profile means set well under the chin so that you
can get close to the work.

Paul Larudee