Steinway hammer alignment

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 23:34:19 -0700

David/List

On a 100 year old Knabe I service, the keyframe stop block?(Merle's book
doesn't name or show it) does not have any cloth attached to it.  I was
under the impression this typically had cloth and was shimmed on the case
side for gross adjustment of the keyframe in the action cavity.  It isn't
particularly noisy but it is thin on one end...I would have to reduce it
thickness if I added cloth...

David I.