more on this temperament thing

Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:07:41 +0200

Tom Servinsky wrote:

> Because at some point we transend to the level ofartists making an artistic
> statements.  We establish our signature on our work through the ways we
> tune. Yes some put their signature on HT, some exclusively on ET, and some,
> obviously, on both . That's an individual statement that I both respect and
> applaud.
> But on the pure artistic level, me speaking, there becomes a point when we
> express our feelings and sentiments about music through our work. It is pure
> expression and passion. For me tuning has evolved going beyond not merely
> being a means of having to prostitute myself all over my region just to make
> a buck. It's my way of musically expressing  myself  ( musically) through
> the art of tuning.
> Tom Servinsky,RPT

Well yes... to be sure... but then if you are a tuner, and except a job full
knowing that they want such and such a temperament, and you are capable of doing
so... I have a bit if difficulty understanding that some sense of personal
musical creativity should allow you to transend much of anything.  I fail to see
that meeting such a requirement on behalf of an honest customer has anything at
all to do with prostitution.

But by all means... be artistic...