more on this temperament thing

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 01:58:03 +0200

Hi,
Sorry to jump abruptly in the thread, just want to say that I don't like
excessively rigid ET, but appreciate a lot a good one, witch use to add some
value to the sound of the instrument.

Besides, having "perfect pitch", it is difficult to me to appreciate HT
naturally, but I use to tune a 'Broad wood's best, or 'factory tuner' (with
an EDT), or simply make a 5ths and 4ths temperament, when I may tune a piano
I don't like the sound at first. On this if I where to tune a pure ET, the
result where that the defects of the piano became very clear.

I promised me to work on that (used to tune some meant one for choirs on a
tour), but did not take the time yet.

And, most of the concert tuners in Paris don't tune 'perfect' ET.

Only younger ones actually, when beginning to tune with perfect ET (from a
tenths point of view), easy to switch to some kind of 'pure tenth
temperament' at a moment or another.

Isaac OLEG