Running CA

Carl Meyer cmpiano@home.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:03:50 -0700

Just like guns, piano tilters are dangerous in the hands of someone who =
doesn't know what they are doing.

Bill Spurlock gave a demo some years ago how to use a tilter.

The key is to keep a pressure between the piano and the tilter so that =
the toes are digging into the bottom of the piano.  That goes  counter =
to instinct.  Pull back on the tilter while pulling the piano back and =
keep a pressure on the tilter or the piano will slide out from under. =20

When bringing it up, make sure the tilter is pulled back to keep the =
toes in firm contact with the bottom of the piano while you push the =
piano onto its casters. =20

Visualize it this way.  With your left hand pull the tilter back and =
with your right hand push the piano forward. Push them apart but if you =
are right handed the piano will win and be vertical.  (We are talking =
about verticals aren't we?) I learned this the hard way, but I'm still =
vertical. =20

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@home.com    =20