safe use of piano tilter

Diane Hofstetter dianepianotuner@hotmail.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:22:15 -0700

List,

I have used a collapsable tilter to lay a piano down for years with no
problems.  It is a remarkable tool.  The only thing I always do to prevent
the piano from skidding out is to put two 2 x 4's on the floor under the
piano next to where the rear casters will touch the floor.  This means that
the piano will be on 2 x 4's after it is upright, but it's not too big a
deal to get those out.

Of course, if I have someone else around, it's so much nicer to not have to
do it alone!

Diane Hofstetter
245-M Mount Hermon Rd.#343
Scotts Valley, CA 95066