Loose damper lever weights

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 09:32:22 EDT

In a message dated 10/19/01 7:33:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
cedel@supernet.com writes:

> What I will do unless someone has a better idea:  Remove the sostenuto
> rod, then for each problem key loosen the damper wire and pull it out,
> remove the damper lever assembly and glue in the weight, then
> replace/regulate as needed.  I'm not eager to do this, since getting the
> flange screw back in has been a source of frustration for me in the
> past, but I can do it if that's the best way.
>
> Help?  Comments?
>
> Regards,
> Clyde Hollinger

Clyde

On a relatively new piano like this, and with the leads coming all the way
out, your solutions is probably going to be the best one. On occasion, if the
problem is with just one lead on one damper, I have been able to push the
lead back into place with a screw driver, and then using that screwdriver,
scribe a line on the edge of the lead, towards the flange. This was enough to
distort the shape of the lead so that it will stick in there. It is not the
perfect solution, but it got the job done without having to remove
everything.

Wim

PS see you next weekend, roomy.