Bass string pattern

DALE ERWIN erwinpiano@msn.com
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:11:56 -0700

Tom

  G.C. Bass strings is a small co. based near Toronto. As I've come to fi=
nd out he does a ton of business with many major/minor  rebuilders I know=
 therefore he does not advertise or need to. The trademarks of his string=
s are excellent scaling, nice even wrap lengths, a lack of false or fault=
y strings and a nice clean clear well balanced sound. In 7 years and many=
 dozens of sets I've only returned or had problems with =20
 a few strings (like maybe 4). A good track record.
    Dave Love posted his unfortunate experience which happened at a time =
when I know that (Danny) was going thru some difficult circumstances (fun=
ky Landlord etc) and has since moved and stress levels are lower. This is=
 not an excuse for un-professional behavior but many artist and perfectio=
nist (piano techs. etc)types tend to run on the intense side, its what ma=
kes us good or annoying at times. Hey I know many people who get along wi=
th Danny  without a hitch.
   As to the price difference between his strings and sanderson strings f=
or most smaller pianos G.C.Strings are far less money.  I did a cost comp=
arison a few months ago see (archives).
   I will give one word of caution. Don't call up with the latest rescali=
ng you did with newest fanglest software program and expect to get a good=
 reception. Many of these spit out wrong numbers and in reality don't wor=
k. Dan has been round that track all he wants to, But I've had plenty of =
discussions about string scaling and have had him fix many strange lookin=
g things.
  =20
      G.C. PIANO STRINGS
      126 Sinnot Rd.  unit 19